Itchy lumps behind head, under skin, painful. Due to spider bite?

Hi, I woke up on friday morning with itchy lumps on the back of my head. They are now all down the side of my neck but they are lumps under the skin and sore. I saw a doctor lastnight who said i will be fine basically it just looks like a bite, but didnt say what it was. Since this morning, there are more lumps and more painful. I am concerned as we have just moved into a new house and there are hundreds of spiders outside which we are getting sprayed soon, but could a spider bite cause these increasing lumps and pain?
Asked On : Wed, 5 Sep 2012