hi there, proper care of the soft contact lens
is very essential along will proper storage and cleaning. As you have said you have taken care of that so its good. During the camp fire some shoot might have entered your eyes due to which you may be getting the itching or you may be allergic to something out there in the open.Stop using it for the time being and clean your eyes with clean cold
water, pat dry and give it some rest for a few days from the lens. You could also clean the lens and store it in the proper antiseptic solution prescribed for lenses. You could use some anti-allergic eye drops and try using the lenses after few days ,if the symptoms continue then do visit your opthalmologist and get an opinion,. Take care.