Itchy lacrimal caruncle in both eyes, have tiny hair growth in the area, no relief with lubricating eye drops. Effective remedy?

About three months ago I started to have an itchy lacrimal caruncle in both eyes with one much worse then the other. I blamed it on allergies and tried using OTC eye drops for allergies but they did not help. Next I tried a prescription eye drop Pataday which I believe is also an antihistamine but it did not relieve the itching either. Lubricating eye drops burn when I use them and have not solved the problem either. I do not to itch my eyes at all because the corners of my eyes became so sore from itching that I became consented that I was causing injury to my eyes. I have little tiny hairs that grow in this area but have for about a year now. Yesterday my right eye started hurting and today it has gotten worse. The pain is worse with movement. I am scared now to ignore the symptoms any longer. I am a 56 year old female.
Asked On : Sat, 27 Oct 2012