Itchy, irritated left eye, gooey area in the corner of the left eye ball. Reason, treatment?

Driving home from work my left eye became very itchy and irritated. When I look around, blink or try to close my eyes I can feel this gooey area on he corner of my left eyeball. The more it dries up the worse it feels. I inspect components all day long and worried it won t go away. Any suggestions as to what is going on? Thanks
Asked On : Fri, 3 Aug 2012
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
there might have been entry of some foreign body in your eye,or may be just a simple dryness,needs an eye check up by ophthalmologist.