Itchy instep and heels, red rash. Reacts to heat. Any ideas?

I have itchy insteps and heels then leading around to the anterior side of each foot so it is occurring bilaterally. It started as a rash of small red bumps which only lasted no more than 24 hours however the itch remains in the same location as where the rash was. During the day it does not present a problem however when I am off my feet the itchiness occurs within the hour. Ice appears to be the only thing that will assist in abating the itch. It reacts to heat so I cannot have bed covers on or wear socks. I am now on a menthol cream three times a day however this has not stopped the nocturnal itch. It has been going for three weeks. The commencement of this did happen to coincide with the family and I have influenza A. Any ideas.
Asked On : Thu, 4 Oct 2012