Itchy fluid filled lumps in the vagina after D & E procedure. Is this an infection?

Hello, last week I went through D and E. I spotted for two days and followed by cramps for 4 days. Now I am normal and doing the routine works. I didnt have sex and I am maintaing the healthy conditions to avoid infections near vagina after D and E. unfortunately yesterday I observed small red bumps(2-4), not together on the vaginal part. They are not sore or filled with water. They are itchy but two disappeared today and one more new one emerged. Is this is a sign of any infection. I am worried. Please answer
Asked On : Thu, 30 Aug 2012
OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine 's  Response
Hi dear and thanks for your query.

Yes it is an infection but the cause of it we cant determine if you doesn't do any examination like per vaginam exam.
These small lesions on your vagina may be from;
herpes simplex infection
human papilloma virus infection(genital warts)
staphilococcus infection
Hence contact with your doctor to have a genital examination done .
While you wait to contact your doctor do Sitz baths with diluted iodine three to four times per day.

All the best