Itchy feeling in throat. History of mono. Something I should worry about?

I woke up with an itchy feeling in my throat this morning, it hasn t really bothered me all daybut now that im trying to sleep, I keep waking up to a pillow covered in saliva , a strong itch in my throat, and when I cough or swallow to make the itch go away, it causes me to gag. Usually around this time of year I catch some sort of infection, I even had mono last year. Is this something I should worry about?
Asked On : Wed, 26 Dec 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
HI I am Dr A.K.Srivastava (E.N.T.specialist) have gone through your mail I am suspecting that you are suffering from acute tonsilopharyngitis you are spoiling your pillow by your saliva during sleep this indicate odema (swelling) in your throat.If it remaines un managed may put you in trouble by progressing to respiratory dystress so I would like to suggest you to consult your E.N.T.Doctor for proper treatment.I wish you are satisfy about your quaries but still if you have any doubt you may contact this site again.Thanks.