Itchy eye, sneezing, coughing, itchy chest. Allergy or respiratory infection?

Hello, i have a question about coughing. I have mild allergies so I get the itchy eyes and sneezing but now i am starting to experience bad coughing and it mostly happens at night. When I first start coughing its just a few coughs here and there but then the coughing starts to be constant and when it does it makes my chest itch really bad and it hurts, can someone please tell me why this is happening. I dont know if its due to allergies or because I may have a respiratory infection .
Asked On : Sat, 7 Apr 2012