Itchy ear, swelling in jaw line, sore throat. Negative allergy results. Any thoughts?

I have been experiencing what seems like an allergic reaction to "something". At any given moment (and is primarily on the right side of my face) I get a sudden onset of an itchy ear, followed by swelling/lump in my jaw line and then throat soreness. It can be moderate or severe. I went through substantial food allergy testing and everything came up negative. After a history and physical both my doctor and allergist agreed that it was a reaction to exessive ibuprofen. I was taking rx strength for back problems and Advil for other issues not realizing they were both ibuprofen. For some reason we found it happens when I take Advil but not my rx or generic over the counter ibruprofen. For the last year I have not taken any Advil and have been symptom free until two days ago when out of no where and without having ingesting any ibuprofen or other rx's in the prior 2 weeks the symptoms occured again. I am now concerned that it is not an allergic reaction but maybe symptoms of something else that might mimic allergy symptoms. Any thoughts? I am baffled. Thank you!
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013