Itchy dry skin on the face. Taking antibiotics for scalp infection. Is it a fungal infection? Are these related?

I have developed itchy dry skin in the area from along my jawline to underneath my cheeckbones on both sides of my face. I also have a scalp infection that I did get a checkup on, and I was prescribed antibiotics , and given the instruction that if it did not heal within a week, then it may be a sign of fungal infection? Would that be linked to the irritation on my face as well? I also have a painful patch of skin on the edge of my left eye and in the corner of it as well. It has been a number of weeks now, and I dont think it has anything to do with hormones.
Asked On : Fri, 4 Jan 2013