Itchy dry rashes on the body. Difficulty in breathing, swollen feet. Responds to zyrtec. Is this life threatening?

hi, my name is jawaria and since september i started to get these rashes that looked like bruises, very itchy, i scratched them a hell lot and now they are at my back, arms, neck , chest and also now on my torso, i m very scared as i dont know what it is, they are dry but don t go away, they are faded purple and the ones on my chest are faded red, i do not have any food allergies , once in a while i get difficulty breathing and my feet swell up, for that i take zyrtec and it goes away, please do help me as i do not know what this is or whether this is life threatening or not, i don t even have insurance and i m scared how will i treat this
Asked On : Wed, 14 Nov 2012