Itchy bumps on soft palate. Taking antiallergic medicine. What could it be?

So every now and then my soft palate gets extremely itchy, and I have no clue why. I have been taking antiallergic but now thay have bacame ineffective, my hard palate appears white in color and soft palate reddish with transparent highly itchy bumps. It seems like to scratch my palate with my nails.
My teeth and gums are healthy.I am allergic to smoke, less sleep and but they aren't related to the itchyness of my palate, because it'll happen randomly. It'll pop up in the middle of the night or just randomly in the day for a few hours n its been now for months. please need your advice.
Does anyone have any clue what it could be??
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013