Itchy bumps on buttocks, burned, swollen on applying vinegar, painful on sitting. How to remove?

I am searching for an answer about a possible rash or insect bites . Last week Friday am, when I woke up I had itchy bumps on left buttock, I thought mosquitos got me while I slept. I put straight white distilled vinegar on it. These bumps were in a circle (which I thought was odd) and all together about 3 inches in circumference all together. The vinegar burned, and the bumps ended up getting more agitated and raised like swollen, I did not scratch . I have applied hydrocortisone cream, triple anti biotic cream, aspercreme. The bumps became a dark purple and now are not raised, but they are painful to sit. It is a burning pain that shoots to areas no bumps are. I have looked up different rashes to identify it. I just want it to go.
Asked On : Sun, 2 Dec 2012