Itchy bumps on body, infected bump on legs. Live with puppy having intense scratching due to dry skin. Related?

Hello I just got a 9 wk old pit bull puppy.He is scratching a lot more then normal. I noticed his skin looks a little irritated red,little bumps.I thought he might had fleas so flea bath and gave flea med from vet. Vet said looks like just dry skin . Well I have noticed a couple of bumps on me now and itches like crazy I know have infected bump on my legs that s red all around it has pain and fills hard around the area my 3 year old wants me to scratch her back and I see a couple of very small bumps. So do you have any idea what this could be and how to get rid of it
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013