Itchy bug-bite like bumps on legs, arms and chin in mornings since 3 days, Cause and treatment?

Three mornings in a row I woke up with what I thought was a bug bite but I am unsure. I have over 30 of these bumps mostly on my legs, some on my arms, and two on my chin . They itch really really bad and they look like welts. Some are like a line welt not just round. I can t tell if they keep appearing through out day but I definitely woke up with them. It has been almost a week and they do not seem to be disappearing or going away. They do not grow in size either when I scratch them.
Asked On : Sat, 12 May 2012
HIV AIDS Specialist 's  Response
hAI, LOOK FOR iNSECTS OTHER THAN BED BUG, especially small flying insect which will be attrated by light in the early night hours which fell on your bed and produce such lesions. If so take appropriate prevention measures to protect from the same. Also look for your bed clothing for dust. The presence dust mite also provoke such a nuisance. Try to prevent these nuisance, you will be alright. Dr SM
Sexologist Dr. Vijai Laxmi Agarwal's  Response
Hello Dear.
Welcome here on Health Care Magic Dot Com.
I am very much concern of your problem.
I think I will certainly able to help you out of this condition.
In my view the bumps you have must be due to insect bites in your bed or outdoor.
Usually they donot need any treatment.
They usually disappear within 10days.
You can use soothing lotion or antiallergic crea at places.
You can use antiallergic tablet for itching.
I suggest you if these are not disappearing after 10 days than visit to your gp.