Itchy, black and peeling skin between breasts and in underarms. Black ring around neck. Sign of diabetes?

Hello, I am a 18 year old asian girl with a number of problems. Firsty, the skin between my breasts and under my breasts are itchy, black in colour and the skin is peeling. Also, the same is happening with my underarms, they are black in contrast to my light skin. I also have a black ring around my neck . I am overweight , so could this be a sign of diabetes? Or do I need to lose weight for the discolouring to go away? I have an inkling that its a medical condition known as Acanthosis nigricans . Should I go to my own Gp? Thank you.
Asked On : Sun, 6 Jan 2013