Itchy ankle and calf. White bumps on ankle

About four days ago I noticed my right ankle and calf were really itchy when I was going to bed. I scratched my ankle and small, colorless, possible even white, bumps appeared in a condensed area on my ankle. I avoided scratching for the most part but they are still present. They only really itch in the evening when I take my socks off. I m traveling in 2 days and would like to know if I should see a doctor before I go. The bumps don t appear to be spreading and they aren t more itchy than a bug bite .
Asked On : Wed, 26 Dec 2012

Yes it is always advisable to seek professional help rather than self treat.
But try to do the following:
1) Apply a good moisturizer in the morning before wearing socks
2) use only lukewarm water for bath
3) wear only cotton socks. If you need to wear woollen, wear them over cotton socks
4) use a very mild soap for washing the area
5)take an antihistamine which suits you, to control itch
6) you may need a steroid cream for a few days to help you get over this. consult your dermatologist before using.

bye and take care. hope this helps you