Itchy and sticky scalp caked with yellow dandruff. no blood. Remedy?

Why is my scalp itchy? I m a 21 year old female, weigh 162 lbs at 5 4 and my scalp is itchy and tends to be caked with yellow dandruff . It s hard not to scratch , though I know I shouldn t (especially as my nails are really sharp). Today, I lightly scraped off the dandruff with my fingernail until I got to the bottom of my scalp, I touched it (my scalp) and it felt sticky. There was no blood, but it was sticky. There wasn t even sign of a liquid. Help?
Asked On : Fri, 30 Nov 2012