Itchy and sore vagina, foul smell, milky discharge. Switched tampons. Yeast infection?

On the last day of my period, I had switched from a scented, super plus tampon to a super one. When I had used the super one, I felt some pain and had to take it out. A few days after my period, the left side of my vagina was very itchy and somewhat sore. My discharge was a bit thicker and had a smell to it. Not foul or with any color, just a smell I have never smelled before. It s been a week now and the itching isn t as bad as it was at first, but now I ve noticed my discharge is becoming milky and frequent and my vagina feels very raw. Is this a sign of a yeast infection or something else?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013