Itching when hungry or thirsty, dryness. History of hysterectomy. Have food allergies

I m a 53 y.o. female.Living in Louisiana .. Meds: Atenolol (BP), Prilose( GERD )c; nasonex , clarinex. Carry an epi-pen and use benadryl or zyrtek prn. Had complete hysterectomy in 1998; tonisllectomy 2005. Recently diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes (July 25, 2012) and took diabetes meds for a month with great results and meds were d/c d (oct 4) after a one month med vacation (from Tradjenta -sept 4).I have extensive food and medication allergies and intloerances. Food allergies include cayenne (muscle weakness), nectarines (anaphylaxis), black pepper (facial rash);oranges (itchy welts). Intolerances include milk, blueberries, cinnamon. Some foods cause itching with no rash (but require benadryl and last for about 8 hours--like tuna). Med allergies include biaxin, penicillin (rash), neurontin, lexapro,cardura- all of which make me itch; codeine (vomiting). I have been following a portion-controlled diet of 1/4protein,1/2 non-starchy vegetable and 1/4 carb at each meal.. and have lost about 25 lbs since getting the diabetes diagnosis. I cannot pinpoint the source of this itching.I recently had scratch tests for wheat, garlic and bell pepper--all negative. I do know that the smell of certain spices and seasonings make my right ear (which always feels congested) feel full until I put a cotton ball in it. Question: For the past 3 weeks or so, it seems that if I am hungry (empty stomach) or thirsty, I start itching...not sure. Still trying to pinpoint exactly when it happens..but face gets itchy, then it moves to the lips or nose or head or arms or palms or feet or ear or throat or eyes might get dry and itch a bit around the edge of the lids..It (the itchiness) moves around. It does not last long (maybe 1-5 minutes in each place). Don t know if Ishould j ust treat the itch, ignore it, or continue to look for a cause for it.
Asked On : Sat, 13 Oct 2012