Itching under foot, become a callus

Hi doctor, I ve got this never ending itch under my right foot . It is located direct center of the foot, just below the pad . It comes and goes but when it s there, it feels as if it is deeply rooted under the skin. I ve itched it so much, it has now become a calloused mound, yet the relief i get from itching it is almost indescribable. I often take sharp objects to better penetrate the source of the itch. I am 21 years old, in good shape, and stay active. There are no visible signs or symptoms on the skin that would point to a diagnosis.
Asked On : Sun, 12 Aug 2012
hi i think you have developed callosites due to repeated itching.first try to control itching by taking antihistamines.callosites can be treated with salcylic acid preparation over the lesions twice daily and pairing it daily.if there is no response electrocautery should be done to remove callosity.after it is removed try to evaluate for itching