Itching, redness, localized irritation near vaginal opening a day after sex, use lubrication, wear thongs during sex. Cause?

I m 45 and recently have been suffering from recurrent yeast infections or so I think. The last few times my husband and I have had sex the day after I m itching, red, and there is localized irritation on one side near the bottom of the vaginal opening. That area seems to be affected more than not. I used an over the counter last time and diflucan . The symptoms subsided. Now once again after 3 days of sex( vacation) I am burning and that one area is more irritated than the other side. We used lube as well. And I do wear thongs. I m just troubled as to why this only started 3 months ago.
Asked On : Sat, 15 Sep 2012