Itching, redness in the labia area, thick white vaginal discharge. On birth control, had an unprotected sex. Infection ?

I am experiencing itching, redness in theblabia area and a thick white vaginal discharge that is odorless. I have no vaginal sores. I am 41 and have been on birth control for 6 mos to regulate heavy periods. I think it may be a yeast infection . I did unfortunately have unprotected sex for the first time in my life 8 days ago so I am really anxious. For the last 7 days I have been spotting like a periodnisngong start. Could it be yeast infection?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013