Itching, red bumps on thighs. Not eczema. What could it be? History of swollen and itchy feet

Hi. About a month and a half ago my feet started hurting. They became so swollen and itchy I had a hard time even standing up. It got so bad I went to the E.R and after two hours the doctor said he had no idea, that it was probably a reaction to something. He gave me steroids and pills to stop the itch. I didn t work. In fact it spread. Now I have miss shaped red bumps on my thighs. And one on either hand . And the swelling is down in my feet but they still itch like crazy. I should mention I have had eczema for about 12 years. This is not my eczema. This is completely different. And worse. Please do you have any ideas as to what it may be? I should also mention I live in Iowa and I have not travelled anywhere in the last six months. Thank you.
Asked On : Sun, 25 Nov 2012