Itching problem in 9 month of pregnancy, how to get rid of it ?

I am in my 9 months pregnancy . i have developed itching in my abdomen skin since a week ago. it has gone worse every day and gone red with tiny sores and bumps. my due date of delivery is 8th may. now its itching all over my body, especially in my thighs, arm pits, arms, neck and waist. my doctor told me use calapure lotion after bath and before sleep at night. then she gave candid powder to sprincle. but every thing last for and hour. but the itching still persist. i cann t sleep properly at night or stay calm without scratching. its now having burning sensation. can u give me some home remedy tips so that i can get relief soon.
Asked On : Fri, 29 Apr 2011
Hello,first of congratulations and all the best to mother to be.In pregnancy itching occurs due to dryness of skin as result of hormonal changes.Your doctor has given you proper advise.Apply any moisturizer you are comfortable with.You can take anti allergic medicines after consulting your doctor.Keep your self hydrated all the time,wear more of cotton clothes.bye.
Homeopath Dr. Mishty Ballaney's  Response
itching is very common in pregnancy. there is dryness owing to hormonal changes which leads to itching. keep your self hydrated as well apply coconut oil over the area where the itching is persistent.
Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response
you may have obstetric cholestasis which is more common in 3rd trimester as in ur case.
you please meet a gyncologist .go for liver function test. if alt and ast elevated chances more of cholestasis.dont worry this condition imroves within 48 hrs of delivery.for time being take antihistaminics like cpm,and use lotion to keep skin moist.but meet and inform the dr. now
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
If your skin is dry then apply moisturiser but if itching is due to perspiration with change in weather then dust talcum powder. You can have anti allergic medicine as per advice of your doctor. haridra khand gives good cure when taken interally. you can boil neem leaves in water and have bath with it.
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Manish Rijhwani's  Response
It is a common problem
Apply Oil or a moisturiser
it will help you

Dr. Manish R. Rijhwani
I consulted my doctor and she asked me to have a LFT (liver function test). I had it done. Now i am giving the test results below.
Test Details:
serum alkaline phosphatse: 397.1 IU/L (normal value: 110-310 IU/L)
serum bilirubin -----Total: 1.00 mg/dl (upto 1.0mg/dl)
Direct: 0.58 mg/dl (upto 0.3mg/dl)
SGOT------------------ : 39.24 IU/L (upto 40 IU/L)
SGPT------------------ : 22.49 IU/L (upto 40 IU/L)
serum protein ----------: 6.88 gm/dl (6.2-8.2 gm/dl)
serum albumin ----------: 3.74 gm/dl (3.2-5.0 gm/dl)
TCP(total platelet count): 1.66 lakhs/cum (normal: 1.4-4.4 lakhs/cumm)

so please suggest me and tell me is their any abnormality? will it affect my baby?
General & Family Physician Dr. Sourav Ganguly's  Response

It's not uncommon to feel itchy, particularly around your growing belly and breasts as your skin stretches to accommodate them. Hormonal changes may also be partly to blame. It usually disappears right after delivery.

Ways of getting relief from the itching?
It depends in part on the cause. If your itchiness is just from your skin stretching or being dry, these simple measures may be enough to give you some relief:
1. Avoid hot showers and baths, which can dry out your skin and make the itching worse. Use mild, unscented soap (some scents can cause irritation) and be sure to rinse the soap off well and towel off lightly.
2. Take an occasional warm oatmeal bath. (You can buy oatmeal bath preparations in drugstores.)
3. Slather on unscented moisturizer after you've showered or bathed.
4. Try putting cool, wet compresses on itchy areas.
5. Avoid going out in the heat of the day, since heat can intensify the itching.
6. Wear loose, smooth cotton clothing.
Best wishes
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Pouse Poulose's  Response
Eladi Tailam + Nalpamaradi Tailam :Mix these taila's (medicated oil) then take 5 ml and apply this taila on on area of itchig it will reduce...
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Seema Saxena's  Response
Welcome to H C M
Itching is common in pregnancy due to stretching of skin & hormonal changes.
Don't take any oral medicine for this problem
massage with coconut oil locally

Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Munish Sood's  Response
1. s.Alkaline Phosphatase is raised which is normally increased during pregnancy unless and until there is obstetric cholestasis?
2. also later in pregnancy skin is stretched which can cause itching.
3.wear loose cotton clothing.
4. increase your diet rich in Vit. A,D, Linolenic acid.