Itching on the external wall of penis, intense pain on scratching, habit of masturbation. Is it due to masturbation?

Hi doctor, I m a 24 year old boy working in Bangalore & for the past 1 year, I m experiencing some itches on the external left side wall of my penis . It feels like to scratch it always & after the action, it pains a little. I used to masturbate atleast thrice in a week. Does this happen because of masturbation? Should I control masturbating? is it curable easily or do I need to consult any doctor? pls help me.
Asked On : Mon, 8 Oct 2012