Itching on the back, blister formation. Recovering from flu. What are these?

I'm recovering from what I think was the flu. I had a temp of 101.9 for several days. It broke early Saturday morning. Sunday night I began to itch in certain spots on my back where I discovered small blisters. Monday morning my upper thighs have tiny blisters and thousands of tiny red dots under the skin. Monday night it spread over all my legs and feet. What could possibly cause this after effect?
PS...benedryl controls the itching and seems to be drying up the blisters, but the red dots are the same.
Thank you for your consideration.
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013