Itching on face. Palpable rashes and swellings. What is the cause?

I have observed a condition for over two years since coming to the UK from West Africa. I experience itching over my face each time I come close to breaking into sweat. e.g just after a brief jogging in the mornings or if I begin to feel hot. It usually starts on my forehead and may spread around the area under my sideburns and my entire jaw and anterior neck (bearded area). Sometimes it also spreads over my scalp and I have to scratch all over. It just spreads rapidly as multiple points of shooting itchiness. When severe I have to get some water and pour on my face and the itching would usually stop almost immediately. I dont see any palpable rashes or swellings duriing or after this happens. I am a male of about 38 yrs with no known allergies or chronic medical condition or medication except Neo-Medrol which I have used as after shave balm over my jaw area and occasionally forehead.
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012