Itching inside anus, swollen, white lump on anus

I have just been woken up by a sever itch just inside my anus it s extremely irritating and has a bad tickling sensation I went to the toilet to check what it was and have found a little white lump of seemed like skin dangling on a thin line of skin it looked like what old people have sometimes on there faces those extra bits of skin however i pulled at it and it has come off but has been bleeding but stopped I had a look in a mirror and saw that the inside of my anus looks slightly swollen around the edge and doesn t look normal coloured please can you tell me what this could be I m worried out of my mind!!
Asked On : Sun, 13 May 2012

Welcome to Healthcaremagic.

The tingling and itching is most commonly presented by parasitic infestation like pin worm.The swelling and the bleeding would be due to you pulling out a skin tag which you should have not done.

Well it does heal without causing you much trouble.Do apply XYLOCAIN gelly to reduce the pain and itching in the anus and soon after you get relieved from the swelling I would ask you to take a dose of deworming medication.

Wish you good health.