Itching in throat, no improvement with medicines, used to smoke in the past, family history of throat cancer. Symptoms?

I am experiencing a sought of itching / irritation in the throat for the past 1 month. I fear it is a symptom of throat cancer . My Grandma died of throat cancer. I was a smoker for more than 20 years. I stay in a remote place in orissa with limited medical facilities. I am taking Azibact 500 and Montemac L, 01 each daily since last 1 week. But there is no improvement. Please advice what should be my next course of action.
Asked On : Mon, 24 Sep 2012