Itching in the ear lobes after getting ears pierced. What to do for healing?

I have had my ears pierced since I was a baby, and am now 19 years old. I have mild metal allergies, but I can usually wear earrings if I use a plastic back, or take them out at night. Usually my lobes become itchy, but it goes away quickly. Recently, that happened and the underside of one of my lobes became dry and crusty, sometimes oozing if I cleaned it. It has since gone away almost completely, but my opposite earlobe began doing the same thing. Since then, it has only gotten worse, and nothing seems to minimize it. What can I do to help it heal? I don t have any pain, just redness, dry skin and oozing around my piercing.
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013