Itching in the anus. Hemorrhoids. Family history of bowel cancer. Need to be worried?

Hi, I m not regular & have noticed since abstinence of alcohol it has become worse. When I do go it can be painful & bleeds- this is not always the case but is often & that has be going on for years. I did have a pile years ago. My bottom itches a lot too & I think I have now made it sore. I m 41 do regular yoga . Am aware that not drinking enough water may cause irregularity & lack of fibre. Both grandparents on my fathers side had bowel cancer & I m starting to worry. I never go the docs & I have been ignoring this thing for years. Should I be worried?
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013