Itching in palms and legs. Weight gain. Elevated levels of SGOT and SGPT. Side effects of steroid injections?

Hello, My sister in law back in Bangalore, INDIA is pregnant with her second baby and is 32-33 months pregnant. She started having itching in her palms and legs 2 weeks back and it didnt go away. She also gained weight of 6 Kg in a month. Doctors did some test and found elevated levels of SGOT (56) and SGPT (92) on 24-Jan-13 and prescribed her Udiliv 300 MG. However it didnt go away and Doctors repeated test and found very high levels of SGOT (194) , SGPT(289) on 3-Feb-13. The immediate diagnosis of fatty liver does not seem to hold true because her other levels are normal and there is no jaundice or vomiting etc. Viral Hepatitis Test is also negative. One of the options being discussed is to give steroid injections to fast develop baby lungs and get the baby prematurely out. What is best course of action for her and the baby including but not limited to medicines, natural foods , avoidance etc. Is it necessary to have the baby prematurely out with help of steroid injections ? Are there any side effects of steroid injections ? Can she take Liv 52 Syrup for liver health while taking Doctor prescribed medicines. Any pointers from you will be appreciated , please advise. -Sincerely
Asked On : Sun, 10 Feb 2013