Itching in lower lip, white bump, numbness. Causes for symptoms?

As I was shopping today at XXXXX I felt an itch on my lower lip on the left hand side. As I got to my car I looked in the mirror and it was a white bump. That felt a little numb. So I continued home and as I was driving it started to feel as it were disappearing and so I looked in the mirror and noticed that my lip hand turned back to its normal self. What could it have been or be?
Asked On : Thu, 6 Dec 2012
Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 's  Response
hello there....could be an insect bite/mosquito/an ant bite...if the swelling still persists consult your doctor otherwise no concern....just as an precautionary measure you can have one tablet of 0.5mg betnesol...thats a long acting steriod...has an anti-inflammatory property would prevent any immediate/ delayed reactions.... Dont worry...