Itching in glans penis region with red rashes, applied Neosprin, gives slight relief. Should continue Neomycin or try Quadriderm ?

Hello Doctor, I am 25 years old. I suddenly started feeling itch on my glans penis region and when i noticed the next morning i saw some red rashes (not much though). I started applying neosporin ointment and regularly washing with soap. For some time the rashes diminished. I missed the ointment for a day, and rubbed my penis slightly hard to suppress the itchy feeling. That evening I again noticed rashes. I am not sure whether these rashes are allergic or infectious. I didnt have sex in quite some time (and I never had unprotected sex). Should I continue putting neomycin or I should use quadriderm or is it best to visit a dermatologist?
Asked On : Wed, 5 Dec 2012