Itching in eyes, continuous watering, diagnosed with herpes, advised usage of drops throughout the life. Is this curable?

in my moms eye there is infection just like , itch in eyes , tears come continuosly and when my mom showed to a eye specialist then this specialist told him that ,it is a harpies infection and ther is no treatment of this infection till whole life.the eye drops are used whole life and there is no treatment for this that true or not?and if no then told me treatment process or your contact info for convinience.
Asked On : Fri, 5 Oct 2012