Itching during nights on forearm, back, breast, later rashes, subsides in the morning, had swelling immediately after insect bite, advised hhbite creame. Remedy?

I am woman of 42 years old. Iam suffering from itching during the nights, especially on my forearm , back,, breast , belly and necks. It varied from time to time. It develops rashes later. Morning everything wil be alright. Two weeks back had an incectbite. It developed swelling and itching immediatley. But it subsided soon when I used turmeric paste. Whether this has any connection with the present condition. A doc suggested me to take hhbite creame. Is it advisable . What should I do to over come ithing and rashes in the nights.
Asked On : Fri, 5 Oct 2012