Itching, crawling sensation in ears, upper repsiratory infection, pneumonia. Treatment?

for about 3 months now I ve had this itching, crawling sensation in both of my ears. The onset came with severe upper repsiratory infection(that turned out to be pnuemonia) about 3 months ago. but this sensation never went away. its rreally irritating at times and then sometimes i don t feel it. it kinda feels like when you ve hadear plugs in for a while and take them out and the hairs in yor ears go back to thier natural state. Only, no ear plugs invovled here. it just happens all the time
Asked On : Mon, 21 May 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response

It is likely that you have developed an allergic reaction in your ear or there is a fungal growth , although i cannot tell you for sure without examining you . i would like you to meet your ent doctor for confirming this , he will examine you and guide you further.