Itching, burning sensation on vaginal lips, tiny bumps, occurred during periods. Causes and treatment?

Hello DOCTORS. im having some nonstop itching and very little burn in my lady part, but it only does that on the lips of it. Also there are some small like tiny bumps. It does not hurt when i pee, but it get very sore when i watch myself a lot.lot. right now I am on the third day of my period which means a just finish. But the nondto Stop itching has gotten worse. I last had intercourse on the second of january, but i did not start feeling like this about four days ago. I have an appointment with my Doctor but i just cant wait that long. Please help me. Thank you.
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013
Hi, Thanks for using HCM.
Your symptoms of itching and burning in genital area are suggestive of fungal infection or herpes infection as you have mentioned about small bumps. On examination of lesions by qualified doctor differentiation can be done. May need smear study from lesions for confirmation diagnosis.

fungal infections need to be treated with local antifungal cream application.
wash inner wears in hot water and sun dry.
Try to keep area dry.
use mild soap for cleaning.

Consult your doctor for examination and further management.

Hope this helps you.