Itching, burning hemorrhoids, loss of anal tone, menopausal. Reason?

I am a 58 yr old post menopausal woman who is experiencing the itching and burning of hemorrhoids every month during new moon for about three to four days. I NEVER!!!! have to strain to evacuate my bowels and I also seem to have lost tone in the anal area when trying to get to the bathroom in time. Is it possible that with the loss of estrogen to the whole genitourinary / anal area, and subsequent thinning of tissues that there is more of a tendency to experience hemorrhoids now?
Asked On : Fri, 27 Apr 2012