Itching behind knee, leg. large itchy knots around. What could this be?

Today, behind my knee it started itching. I scratched it and felt a hard knot the size of a pea. then rest of leg started itching and my whole leg was covered with hard, itchy knots. I laid down and after a couple of hours the knots were gone. I am still itching. What could this be? and can I take benedryl if I am on blood thinners. 62 years old and morbidly obese. Thank you
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013
Welcome to HCM,
As this problem of recent origin this might be due to some insect bite giving rise to local itching and knots.
Due to allergy there is itching and some swelling.
You can take benadryl syrup or tablet once or twice a day.
Or you may take Cetrizine or Levo cetrizine as and when required.
Apply some anti-allergic lotion or some moisturizing lotion.
Ok and bye.