Itching around panty line, worsens at night, habit of regular swimming at a public pool. Temporary relief with Vaseline, talc free powder. What can be done?

I am a 46 year old female and I am having some itching around the panty line. I have no other symptoms at the itching is worse at night. I swim daily at a public pool and wonder if that has anything to do with it. I have been puttig Vaseline on the sides and talc free powder, but that only temporarily helps. Do I need to see a doctor or will it go away if I stay out of the pool for a couple of days?
Asked On : Sat, 30 Jun 2012