Itching around back and chest. Taken Prednisone. Pain in limbs. Any ideas?

I have been itching around my back, chest and a small area on ribs for nearly a month. A couple wks ago I finally went to the Dr when an actual rash appeared. I have taken presc. antihistimine 1x a day for almost 2 wks and around of prednisone for 8 days. I finally started feeling a huge relief about day 6 in the pred. treatment. However, I have RA and took my enbrel shot and by that night began itching again. It has slowly gotten worse but no rash has appeared. Before I saw the Dr I itched for a week or more before any bumps begann to show and they were minor and came and went as they pleased. BUT ONLY IN THE SAME PLACES. They havent spread to other parts of my body. Now I have a cold I suppose to add to this. And what scares me is that just to touch my arms and legs hurt. Not the skin per say. And not like you have exersised recently. My clothing doesnt bother it but if I touch it or my husband hugs me it does! I am used to having odd issues happen to me so I am a tad nervous....any ideas please?
Asked On : Tue, 27 Nov 2012