Itching anus before diarrhea. Done knee surgery. Dry, cracked, painful anus

Hi, my butt hole itches before I have an episode of diarrhea. This has happened before, but only once and I blew it off. Now I am recovering from knee surgery and I'm not sure if I should blame it on my narcotic medication or if I have Ulcerative Colitis (which I'm very afraid I have). My butt hole stings unbearably when I attempt to wipe, and my butt crack has become dry, cracked, itchy, and incredibly painful and the pain goes all the way to my vagina. Even if I try to spread my ass cheeks at all, the pain is unbearable. Help me! I lead a healthy sex life and am very active, I am horrified and I need to know what's going on with me!
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013