Itching and tightness on the chest. Have mild fever and feeling flushed. Reason?

Hi. I have a friend who is experiencing the following symptoms. Her chest area feels itchy, like there is some sort of inflammation inside. She has a tightness in her chest. She had a cough but it has abated. She feels hot and lethargic and tired yet she doesn't have a high fever. It is just a mild fever. She feels flushed. She may be contagious because her boyfriend started developing the same symptoms. She felt bad right after travelling from san francisco via plane. What could this possibly be?
Asked On : Tue, 23 Apr 2013