Itching and swelling over body, switched medication and added a cream, no major change. Solution?

Hi my mom takes blood pressure medicane and has had no problems for over 4 years. Recently she has been itching all over her body and her face is swollen. We took her to a gen practice dr and dermatologist . They thought maybe she was allergic to something in her bp meds. So they switched the meds and have her taking benadryl for 2 weeks. The dermatologist also prescribed a topical cream for itching. This has been going on for 2weeks. I dont know how to help her. What could be the problem?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013