Itching and redness in the eye. Blood test showing eosinophilia. Could this be related to worm infestation?

I intense itching and redness of the right left eye and blood level showed esinophilia. I have no history of allergy or asthma. I was prescibed anti allergic eye drops which did not work. then I passed out worm. I realised that must have been the cause so I took a worm expellant.
Is it possible that the worm could have invaded my cNS or was this just a systemic reaction of eosinophila in the blood
at work level of infestation will it cause eye symptoms like i had and what type of worm do u think was it.
This happened in Africa.

Thank you
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013