Itching and burning while urination, frequent urination. No diabetes. What could be the cause?

I have been urinating more times than usual each day for the last about 2 weeks. I feel a small itch or tingling feeling each time right before I go. I am 58 years old and male. It seems worse at night when I will usually get up every 2 to 4 hours. The volume seems to be less than normal. This happened a year ago and went away on its own. I have not been a diabetic and had a normal blood test 2 months ago. I have been more active this month than normal since my mother died and I am emptying her house and running around making repairs and doing other things, Any suggestions?
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013