Itching and burning in vagina, on birth control, bleeding now. Is it some type of infection ?

Last Wednesday I notice that my vagina was itching very bad and it burns if I touch it or if I pee or if I try to wipe when I m done peeing. My mom went and got me some yeast infection cream because that s what I thought I had. It stopped the itching a little bit. But it still itches and it burns like crazy! I have been in this birth control shot and I have been bleeding since the first week in December. My blood was red but now it s mostly brown and it is sometimes red. I was using tampons the whole time and my mom told me to use pads. Could I have some type of infection?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013