Itching all over body, warmth helps. What is the reason?

since 1995 after I got out of the navy I have been itching all over my body,but it only happens when i'm cool or sweating.that's when it get really bad I feel like I can scratch the skin off my body in that area...but when I get warm I;m fine.... been to the dr once about it but by the time he came to see me I was fine.... what do you think it could be... thanks in advance... vince
Asked On : Sat, 12 Oct 2013
Hi itching during cold conditions only is called cold urticaria.it can be cured by taking measures to keep the body wet always .then use atarax 25 mg at night.alaspan in the morning and application of calamine lotion can cure the condition.if no response use oral steriods like wysolone 10 daily three times tapered to once daily